Kini's Place

Soccer Camp

July 30th, 2009 by Kini

Phoebe had her first taste of summer sports camps this week.

She was not happy about having to get up “early” to go. The camp ran 9-10:30 AM, Monday through Thursday. She has been sleeping in until 10:30-11 AM (if I don’t drag her out of bed and try and get her “up”).

The weather was nice for it. Not freezing cold, but not hot either. Cloud cover during most of the session was a nice benefit too, because when that sun came out, even at 9:30 AM, it was hot and burning! A downside was that there weren’t enough girls to have more than one session. Thus, the ages ranged from first grade up to sixth grade. The upside of that is the younger girls got to see and get a little experience in skills they would not usually see for a few years. The girls varsity coach was running the camp and was fortunate to be able to get some of her older players to come and help. Phoebe loved playing with the big girls (it seemed that most, if not all, or the little girls loved it). Plus, they were able to work with the older ones a bit on and “older level” too.

So, at the end of the week, Phoebe declared that she loves “soccer school” and wishes that she had it every single day. She had a smile on her face about 80% of the time there. The other 20% was when she was concentrating really hard on doing something or on listening to the coach!

PhoebeSoccerCamp

So, at the end of the week, Phoebe declared that she loves “soccer school” and wishes that she had it every single day. She had a smile on her face about 80% of the time there. The other 20% was when she was concentrating really hard on doing something or on listening to the coach!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Posted in Kids, Photos, Sports | Comments Off

Comments are closed.